Availability: In Stock
Lightenex® Plus cream is a strong skin lightening cream, which is excellent to lighten epidermal hyperpigmentation, e.g. dark marks left by acne, scratches, cuts. Independent trials have shown up to 76% reduction over a 12-week period.
Lightenex® Plus is particularly effective as a maintenance skin lightening cream for normal skin tone, after dermal hyperpigmentation (deep melasma) has been treated. The Actives not only treats the recurrent pigmentation, due to the skin whitening ingredients, but also prevents further darkening due to the incorporated sun screen.
The Professional Strength Skin Lighteners include Azeleic acid, Phytic acid, Liquorice extract, Citrus Unshui peel extract, Arbutin, Dioic acid, Vitamin C, Salicylic acid, & Vitamin E in a Titanium dioxide base.
The carrier system of the special formulation is designed to penetrate the tougher skins of the darker skin toned people.
However, it is strongly recommended to apply a total sun block on top of Lightenex® Plus cream to get maximum protection against the harmful UVA & UVB rays of the sun.
Directions of use:
- Wash the area to be treated.
- Apply Lightenex® Plus cream into the skin until fully absorbed.
- Apply two hours before going to bed on a cleansed face.
- Apply Sun Blockex® Max SPF 50 during day.
Directions of use:
- Apply a thin layer on a clean face or body, twice a day.
- Use a high Sun protection cream after Lightenex® Plus.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
Keep out of reach of children
It is essential to wear a high sun protection cream on top of Lightenex® Plus, e.g. Moisturix® spf 25 or Sun Blockex® spf 50 (total sun block) to avoid further damage from the sun.
Can cause mild irritation & tingling for a few minutes after application.
It is a well known fact that the darker skin toned people use drastic measures in order to lighten skin, but:
- Do NOT use skin lighteners containing Hydroquinone.
- Do NOT use bleaching cream containing steroids.
These can cause permanent skin damage including permanent redness, thinning and blood vessel streaks.
- Do NOT use creams containing mercury as this is a poison.
FUNCTIONS OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- Competitive Inhibitor of Tyrosinase & Thio-redoxine reductase.
- Inhibits Mitochondria & DNA synthesis of hyper-active melanocytes selectively. (Melasma & PIH).
- Penetrates abnormal melanocytes easily.
Phytic acid (Inositol hexa-kisphosphate)
- Chelates copper, which is required by Tyrosinase
- Reduces Oxidation & Inflammation to prevent PIH
- Mild exfoliant
- Binds calcium in skin & loosens cell-binding
Licorice (Glabridin, Glabrin, isoliquirtin)
- Strong tyrosinase inhibitors.
- Anti-inflammatory effect, by inhibiting super-oxide anion & PGE –E2 formation(Prostaglandin E2).
70% improvement in depigmentation (compared with 20 in placebo) in a 20 patient split-face study for one month .
Citrus Unshui peel extract
(Nobiletine, Hesperidin, Tyramine complex)
- Competitive inhibition of Tyrosinase by Nobilitine
- Tyramine is a strong substrate competitor of tyrosine
78% melanin inhibition in a 20 patient study
Mulberry extract (Morus nigra)-
form of Arbutin, Contains 9 compound ingredients
- Anti-tyrosinase activity, greater than Hydroquinone or Kojic acid
- Mulberoside –F has 4.5 times the activity of kojic acid
Humulus lupus extract (Xanthumol)
- Works like cortico-steroids, with effect comparable to Dexamethasone
- Prevents release of inflammatory cytokines by the keratonocytes, which attach to the melanocytes.
90% inhibition of cytokine signal protein in 6 living human skins.
- Prevents activation of melanocytes, when skin is treated with UVA & UVB light.
25 patient study showed a significant improvement in 68-72% of patients over 8 weeks in spot morphology.
28 patient study with melasma gave a significant improvement in 46% of patients in 28 days & 71% in 60 days.
Diacetyl boldine & Titanium dioxide
Inhibits melanin synthesis by:
- Alpha-1 adrenergic antagonism
- Reducing calcium flow & stablises inactive tyrosinase
96% had significant de-pigmentation in a 28 patient study
Arbutin extract plus Magnesiun ascorbyl phosphate (Melfade)
- Powerful tyrosinase inhibitor
40 patient study over 3 months showed 80% greater activity than beta-arbutin
60 patient melasma study showed 2% Melfade as effective as hydroquinone 2%
Dioic acid (Azeleic type dicarboxylic acid)
- PPAR receptor blocker leads to diminished mRNA transcription of tyrosinase.
96 patient over 2 months study showed Dioic acid 1% to be as effective as Hydroquinone 1%
- Prevents Cox 1 & 2 activation, which stimulates the melanocytes.
- Mixed tocopherols
- Ascorbyl palmitate
- Ascorbic acid
- Citric acid
How it works
Lightenex® Plus can help to reduce even the darkest and most resistant hyperpigmentation.
Why use Lightenex® Plus?
Lightenex® Plus cream is designed to help with dark skin tones or dark patches.
Dark skin tones suffer more from:
- Changes in the texture of the skin
- The appearance of small, brown or black bumps
(dermatosis papulosa nigra)
(dark marks or discolourations)
- Loss of volume of the skin
CLICK HERE to view more information about Lightenex® Plus