Privacy & Security
You can alter your privacy level for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0 or 8.0 by the following method:
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Internet options' option. Then click on the 'Privacy' tab.
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser. Settings above Medium will disable cookies.
We recommend you upgrade your browser to the latest available revision in order to benefit from all the latest security features and functionality.
At PharmaClinix® we take security very seriously and make shopping online as safe as possible. Your browser will go into secure mode as soon as you go to the checkout or login page or any other pages containing sensitive information. You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock or a key icon in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen.
You can also tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.pharmaclinix.com in your browser address window. The PharmaClinix® web site is also scanned daily by Globalsign which uses SSL and TSL security protocols. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) (and Transport Layer Security (TLS)) is the most widely deployed security protocol used today. It is essentially a protocol that provides a secure channel between two machines operating over the Internet or an internal network.
In today's Internet focused world, we typically see SSL in use when a web browser needs to securely connect to a web server over the insecure Internet. Technically SSL is a transparent protocol, which requires little interaction from the end user when establishing a secure session. SSL is a protocol, and in order to use the SSL protocol organizations need a SSL Certificate. A SSL Certificate is a small data file that digitally binds a cryptographic key to your organization's details, typically:
- Your domain name, server name or hostname
- Your company name and location
- In certain cases your organizational contact details
To view our SSL certificate (this will open a new window) PharmaClinix® protects your details by encrypting your information (mixing them with code to help keep them secure). This is so your card details cannot be viewed by anyone else using the Internet. If you are using one of the more recent browser versions, our site supports 256 bit encryption and therefore keeps your details as safe as possible at all times. Your credit card or debit card details are not stored on our site once your order has been processed.
PharmaClinix® will never ask you for personal or credit card details via pop ups. If you have any further concerns about security, please contact us via the "contact us" section of this website.
Cookies for Mac
To check cookies are enabled on your Mac do the following:
Safari on OSX
- Click on Safari at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option.
- Click on 'Security', then 'Accept cookies' and select 'Only from site you navigate to'.
Mozilla on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option.
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security' and select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'.
Most modern web browsers support 'secure mode' and standard security protocols. Internet Explorer can warn you if the site you are about to send payment details to is secure or insecure. Online security is constantly evolving so, if you are using older versions of Internet Explorer, we recommend you update your browser to a later version of IE in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.
Login Problems & Cookies
In order to log in, we use a cookie. Most web sites use these and they can not harm your computer. We use a secure cookie in conjunction with 128bit SSL encryption and encrypt cookie data to make your information as safe as possible. Unfortunately, as a result, some people with cookie support turned off for our website will struggle. However 99% of the time the options below will get you working even if your problem is not related to cookies.
- Reduce your privacy/security level below high or choose option (see the "security level" section of this help page)
- Enable cookies for just www.PharmaClinix.com. (see IE example)
- Delete your existing cookie which may be corrupt. (see the "login and registration" section of this help page)
- Ensure your browser is SSL compliant by getting your browsers latest version.
- Registering again if your problem is password related and a password reminder has not helped.
- Users with an older Internet Explorer version are recommended to upgrade to a newer version.
Cookies - What are they?
If you are a non registered user on the PharmaClinix.com site, you are sent an anonymous cookie to help us keep track of your browsing patterns and build up a profile. Also, any visitor who has clicked on Maplin advertisements on other web sites, we will be sent an anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyses our advertising effectiveness and manage relationships with our affiliate sites.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online.
PharmaClinix® do accept that some of our customers will disable their cookies, with cookies disabled, you can still use our site to search for products, although you may experience some technical problems with some parts of the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser.
Should you find a product you wish to purchase, you can use our store finder to locate your nearest store. Alternatively, you can place your order by contacting us.
There is the option to only enable cookies on a site by site basis but this is your choice. If you would like more information about cookies, or are having problems login in please see the "Contact Us" section of this website.