Acne scars occur when a pimple or cyst gets popped or broken, leaving behind a layer of damaged skin. Preventing & Treating acne quickly reduces the risk of acne scars.
Dirt on your hands can clog your pores.
- Keep them clean by frequently washing.
- Do not squeeze or pop your blemishes.
- Do not cover blemishes with hair.
- Keep hair away from face with hair clips.
2. Avoid excessive sun exposure
Moderate sun exposure is beneficial to immune system.
Excess exposure can cause sunspots, known as sun lentigines. They cause small dark spots on the surface of your skin.
To protect your skin, use a total sun block e.g. Sun Blockex® SPF50.
3. Oil-free cosmetics
Cosmetics can worsen acne.
- Do not use products with synthetic dyes. Skin absorbs almost 60% of all substances applied to it.
- Use oil-free cosmetics for skin and hair.
- Do not apply makeup immediately after washing.
4. Don’t smoke
Smoking causes acne.
Cigarette may cause skin irritation.
Smoking impairs collagen production and degrades proteins.
- Listen music.
- Make time for recreation. Replace free time with hobbies.
- Meditation can help reduce blood pressure, chronic pain, anxiety and cholesterol levels.
6. Sleep Enough
- Collagen production is faster while sleeping.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, alcohol before sleeping.
- A quiet and cool environment promotes sleep.
- Keep the temperature comfortably cool.
- Exercise helps reduce stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.
- It also strengthens the immune system to fight off diseases.
8. Keep clothes clean
- Do not wear tight clothes that rub against skin.
- Helmets, masks, headbands and sports equipment can rub the skin and make acne flare up.
- Keep sports equipment clean.
- Pillowcases and sheets can trap bacteria, dirt and dead skin cells.
9. Exfoliation & Cleansing
Use oil-free, non-abrasive facial wipes to wipe off the makeup.
Wash hands before applying the Lightenex® Face Scrub & Wash, so that dirt and bacteria don’t clog pores. Gently rinse face using cold water.
Gently massage the Wash into your skin for three to five minutes.
Wash the face using cold water and pat your face dry. Use it twice a day.
Lightenex® Face Scrub & Wash is excellent for Asian skin, as it helps lighten the pigmentation.
10. Acnex® Cream
Apply Acnex® cream by Pharmaclinix® twice a day.
It helps to prevent acne, treat breakouts, and also reduces the dark marks.
It is particularly effective in Asian skin.
For more details:
*Results may vary in every individual. *