Practical help to remove under eye dark circles and puffy eye bags. The best eye cream, eye make-up and eye masks with simple lifestyle tips to give dramatically visible results for clear bright eyes, and clear skin around the eyes
Eyes, your biggest asset. I have often been asked about how to remove dark circles under eyes and about the best under eye creams.
Dark circles under the eyes is a common condition and occurs due to:
- Sun exposure as the body responds by making more melanin
- Ageing causes thinning skin or the loss of fat and collagen, which makes the blood vessels underneath the eyes more noticeable.
The area underneath the eyes is thin and often appears darker with extra fluid retention.
- Blue under eye dark circles in colour are caused by oxygenated blood pooling beneath the under-eye skin.
- Brown under eye dark circles are caused by hyperpigmentation, which is caused by chronic eye-rubbing, sun exposure or genetics.
This is particularly common in Asian & African skin.
These dark circles are often treated using topical creams that contain stimulating ingredients that constrict blood vessels while temporarily increasing blood circulation.
The best Eye cream for Asian & African skin is Eyerix® by Pharmaclinix®.
Eyerix® is the only cream that not only reduces the bags under the eyes, but also has strong skin whiteners to help treat the hyperpigmentation or dark patches under the eye.
Eyerix is formulated specifically to lighten the skin around your eyes and helps to reduce dark circles permanently.
- Encourages production of Collagen (a skin protein) and Elastin, thereby improving the skin smoothness and elasticity, and slowing down the wrinkling process.
- Suppresses inflammatory enzymes, therefore decreasing puffiness, swelling and signs of fatigue.
- Strengthens capillaries, arteries and veins, thus reducing leakage and the blue colour underneath.
- Promotes new collagen to thicken the fragile skin under the eyes.
Apply Eyerix® cream twice daily, gently massaging in a circular motion around the eyes.
The visible effects are excellent, brightening the whole area around your eyes, often referred to as the windows to the soul!
Some home remedies, together with Eyerix® that can further help is:
- Applying cold cucumber or chilled Tea bag on eyelids for temporary relief, as it helps increase the fluid circulation & removes the fluid that has built up.
- Lifestyle changes e.g.
- Full night of sleep
- Stop smoking
- Allergy treatment
- Reduce Alcohol intake
- Low salt diet
- Wear a hat & sunglasses outdoors
- Wash your face with cold water
- Remove eye make up with gentle wipes
As a cosmetic measure, apply a concealer is applied in a shade that matches the skin’s undertones, such as yellow or peach, and set with translucent powder.