There are many ways that daily habits and lifestyle choices can affect your skin, and impact the appearance of oil.
Get Enough Sleep
Getting the right amount of rest each night is important to holistic health, and it also can significantly affect the look and appearance of the skin. Sleep deprivation can result in insulin resistance. Insulin increases can result in the creation of IGF-1, a hormone that stimulates an increase in the production of sebum.
Keep Your Stress in Check
Be sure to manage your stress, as it has been connected to insulin resistance and worsened breakouts in numerous studies. Exercise regularly, practice meditation, and talk to a friend or family member if you’re feeling overwhelmed.
Always Wear Sunscreen
No matter your skin type, it’s important to use daily SPF to keep your skin safe and looking its best. However, with oily skin, it’s important to take a look at the type of sunscreen you’re using to avoid blocking up those pores. Look for sunscreen gels that are labeled oil-free.
If you wear makeup, look for light foundation products that contain SPF for an added bit of protection.
Makeup doesn’t necessarily cause acne, but with misuse, it can become a problem. Look for non-comedogenic makeup products, and always apply in light layers. Always be sure to remove every last bit of makeup before going to bed and before working out or heading to the gym.
Avoid any cosmetics that contain fragrances as these can irritate the skin and result in acne blemishes, along with dry, flaky patches on the skin.
- Oily skin is the result of excess sebum production, which can be caused by hormonal fluctuations and influenced by genetics.
- Salicylic acid is a powerful acne fighting ingredient that can help cut down on the appearance of oil and blemishes on the skin.
- Those with oily skin should still use moisturizer, as drying out the skin can signal the oil glands to produce even more sebum.
- Lifestyle habits can affect the appearance of the skin, so it’s important to get the right amount of rest, maintain a consistent cleansing routine, and avoid irritating products.
Acnex® cream by Pharmaclinix is an excellent oil-free moisturising cream containing anti-bacterials, skin whiteners, with anti-inflammatory agents which also reduce the excessive oil production.
Oily skin is prone to Acne flare-ups.
Acnex® is the only cream which:
- Clears existing acne
- Prevents new breakouts
- Reduces blackheads
- Reduces inflammation
- Minimises the appearance of large pores
- Fades dark marks